Re: Answers to "Why is package X not in testing yet?"

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Joey Hess wrote:
> > So, do you have any plans to make the "out of date on arch"
> > link directly to the buildd page for that arch?
>
> Fixed.

One other thing I noticed is that it stops after the first thing keeping
a package out of testing. For example:

    * mooix is out of date on hppa: mooix

While the PTS says:

   # 5 days old (needed 2 days)
   # out of date on hppa: mooix (from 0.8.0)
   # Not considered
   # Depends: mooix perl
   # Depends: mooix python2.2

Similarly, if I query perl it points to its RC bug, but does not go on
to the whole mess of what else is keeping perl out of testing.

It's true that the immediate problem is the hppa build failure, but
seeing the whole picture is useful when working on trying to get
something into testing.

Thanks for the page, I think I will find it very useful!

--
see shy jo