rcR: restarting services

Hi,

Is the following something that could be included in debian?

I wanted some services to be restarted daily and I didn't wrote a cron script.
Instead I did the following.

I modified the /etc/init.d/rcS script and called the result rcR. This scripts
is almost identical to rcS except it does the following:
    o it looks in the /etc/rcR.d directory
    o it looks at links starting with Rxx, where xx is the sequence number
    o a symlink from /etc/cron.daily to /etc/init.d/rcR is created

In /etc/rcR.d an administrator may place symlinks to processes it wants
to see restarted every day. In have for instance:

[elektron /etc/rcR.d]
$ ls -l
total 6.0K
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           15 Sep  9  2002 R01bind9 -> ../init.d/bind9*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Oct 27  2001 R02ssh -> ../init.d/ssh*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Oct 27  2001 R03ntp -> ../init.d/ntp*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     staff          16 May  7 10:22 R09amavis -> ../init.d/amavis*

And that's it. It does nothing more.
(I didn't attach the script, 'cause the change to rcS is trivial)

grtz  Miek

[ i'm not subscribed to this list, so pleace cc me ]

--
:wq!