Re: Please notify the maintainers when removing packages

On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 04:29:17PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 05:34:39PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > >
> > > The BugScan messages are sent to debian-devel-announce.
> > > Debian-devel-announce is a mandatory list for developers. Therefore,
> > > developers are notified of removals. qed.
> >
> > Sure, and you have to scan 757 entries for checking if one of your
> > package is going to be removed.
> >
> > It would be much more correct to send a mail to <package>@debian.org for
> > each entry that is going to be removed.
>
> This conversation sounds familiar.

Yes, didn't i say so ? The previous threads where mostly ignored anyway,
without having given any serious arguments beyond the 'i don't like it'
and the 'this is not the right way' kind of things (from memory, i have
not yet re-read the threads, and i was unsubscribed from d-d a long
time). Anyway, i remember some poeple giving negative feedback about
this once the packages has already been removed or maybe after the
release even.

Anyway, saying that the BugScan message is a proper channel for
notification of removals is just plain hypocrisy (or some similar more
english-correct word), as many have already said here.

Friendly,

Sven Luther