Re: Generally accepted cut-off limit for -doc packages

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> Personally I'd look for this information in developers' reference and
Well, I searched in developers' reference before starting this thread

> would suggest submitting a wishlist bug-reports
I would do that if we reach consensus here.

> (with patch if possible) against it.
I feel not competent to send a patch because there were different opinions
about it.  If I would put in my personal opinion here it would conflict with
the current opinion of ftpmaster which was the reason to reject the package.
The rejection based on the assumption of a "generally accepted cut-off limit
for -doc packages is ~500k of installed data" and as long as I fail to find
this "general acception" I'm not able to send a patch.  (While writing that
I wonder if "general" is correlates to "general amongst developers" or
"general amongst the group working as ftpmaster".  In the later case I would
like to hear an opinion of ftpmaster how this (documentation) problem
should be fixed.)

Kind regards

        Andreas.