prelink and undefined non-weak symbols

Marco,
   If you are interested, one useful thing debian could do for
prelink support is help resolve as many "undefined non-weak symbols"
which occur when prelinking as possible. Many of these are likely
fixable with the appropriate modification to the linkage of the
program in question. Jakub Jelinek describes this in the following
messages responding to my question on this issue.

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-05/msg00033.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-05/msg00034.html
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/libc-alpha/2003-05/msg00035.html

These corrections to the linkage of such programs could then
be passed upstream to eliminate them in the future. I'll make
a list of these on my debian ppc sid box and start trying to
track down how some of them can be fixed.
                             Jack