Re: /run/, resolvconf and read-only root

Thomas Hood writes:
> Whether we end up with "/run/, resolvconf and read-only root" depends a
> lot on whether the maintainers of the affected packages support the
> project.

Pppconfig is fixed in cvs to follow symlinks and not write to /etc.  I have
not uploaded yet because I want to do some testing (there are other
changes).  I support creating run and implementing variable resolver
configuration but I don't see what else I can do now.

It might be helpful for you to post restatements of your proposals.  The
discussion is quite long and the proposals seem to have evolved (which is

dhcp3-client and pppoeconf also overwrite /etc/resolv.conf.  Can anyone
suggest a method whereby I could locate all packages that write to
/etc/resolv.conf?  I'm sure there are more.
John Hasler
Dancing Horse Hill
Elmwood, Wisconsin