Re: Debian Calendar Files

On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 06:17:27PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Fri, May 02, 2003 at 08:01:25AM -0700, Bill Wohler wrote:
> > Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> wrote:
> >
> > > I wonder if it would improve our distribution if we include a calendar
> > > file with bsdmainutils that would contain Debian specific dates, such
> > > as release dates and days of death of our fellow developer.
> >
> > No. Calendar dates, especially those of release dates, change too much
>
> Well, i guess it is about past release date and such, not future release
> date, and those don't change all that much. Same about death date of our
> departed fellow developers.

    I support this, actually.  I wouldn't mind encouraging an annual
raising of beverage-of-choice to the memory of espy, for instance, and
past freeze and release dates are somewhat interesting historical
trivia.

--
Zed Pobre <zed@debian.org> a.k.a. Zed Pobre <zed@resonant.org>
PGP key and fingerprint available on finger; encrypted mail welcomed.