Re: debian.org machine with pbuilder/debootstrap?

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:16:11PM -0400, Neil Roeth wrote:
> AFAIK, I cannot install packages on a d.o machine to satisfy build
> dependencies, because I don't have root permission.  pbuilder with
> appropriate sudo permissions for all DDs would suffice, but it is
> usually not installed. So, is there any alternative for installing
> packages to satisfy build-deps other than sending email to
> debian-admin?

Not in general, no. Sometimes it's possible to unpack a package into
your home directory and adjust the build to use that if you're just
testing, but I wouldn't advise doing so for anything that's going to be
uploaded to the archive.

IME debian-admin are usually pretty quick to install build-deps.