Re: debian.org machine with pbuilder/debootstrap?
- To: Debian Development <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: debian.org machine with pbuilder/debootstrap?
- From: Colin Watson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 11:35:14 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20030501103514.GA22662@riva.ucam.org>
- Mail-followup-to: Debian Development <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <20030427031228.GA21486@silly.cloud.net.au> <20030428073201.GC8395@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> <email@example.com> <20030430180048.GB19620@finlandia.infodrom.north.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 10:16:11PM -0400, Neil Roeth wrote:
> AFAIK, I cannot install packages on a d.o machine to satisfy build
> dependencies, because I don't have root permission. pbuilder with
> appropriate sudo permissions for all DDs would suffice, but it is
> usually not installed. So, is there any alternative for installing
> packages to satisfy build-deps other than sending email to
Not in general, no. Sometimes it's possible to unpack a package into
your home directory and adjust the build to use that if you're just
testing, but I wouldn't advise doing so for anything that's going to be
uploaded to the archive.
IME debian-admin are usually pretty quick to install build-deps.
Colin Watson [email@example.com]