Re: Announcing Debian Package Tags

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

> Maybe that's intuitive to some people but to me it just looks wierd. On the
> other hand if it simply had the letters "bash" or just "sh" it's meaning
> would have been immediatly apparent.

Indeed.  There's a Windows tool I use at times, called EasyCleaner
(http://www.toniarts.com)

The stable version is 1.7f, and there's a new Beta 2.0 that he's working
on.

Anyways, here's how 1.7f looks:

http://www.toniarts.com/images/ECss1.jpg

In Beta 2.0, all the menus have been replaced with icons(no screen shots
available).

I've used this program for many years, and I still have to hover over the
icon, or just click it, to find out what each new icon does.  Works about
as good as random clicking in MineSweeper does!

Granted, this makes the program more international friendly, but it's a
step back for everyone that has to use the program.

Mike