Re: debconf review of cvsd (was Re: stop abusing debconf already)

Joey Hess <joey@kitenet.net> writes:

>  - cvsd/listen:
>    s/cvsd will listen on/on which cvsd will listen/
>       # Avoid dangling preposition

This is an English usage question of the sort that will get the
English and Linguistics departments at some universities to start
leaving nasty notes on each others' blackboards.

Suffice it to say that I, as a native speaker of American English,
think that the standard written English folks get this one wrong -
prepositions at the of sentences are something up with which we should
put.  We should acknowledge English's Germanic heritage and that it
too has separable verbs.

However, this an unbelievably side issue even for -devel.