Re: Do we need policy changes?

On Sun, Apr 20, 2003 at 02:28:13AM +0200, Nikolai Prokoschenko wrote:
> Andrew Suffield <asuffield@debian.org> wrote:
> >> Thank you for your time, and you want to tell me I'm paranoid, don't
> >> bother, it is not worth your time :) Better tell me what I might have
> >> missed in the observing the subject.
> AS> A point. What *is* yours?
>
> The point is actually that deb??an (and others) doesn't care much about
> internationalization, no matter what they say. I'm just trying to be
> diplomatic,???not to risk a 'Do It Yourself' Answer. I'd like to have
> solutions.

There's no magic wand for i18n/l10n. Every application has to be
handled individually, and every language needs some global tuning
before stuff will work right.

We can't do anything about "general" stuff like this, because it's
open-ended. Pick specific stuff that you care about and see what can
be done with it.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-             -><-          | London, UK