PEAR packages

A week ago James rejected my PEAR packages. I need this packages because
there are newer version than libraries in php4-pear package. There are
used by IMP and other applications. I don't like to install PEAR
repository with bundled 'pear' installer as far as I've got Debian
packaging system.

I see analogy to Perl CPAN libraries. There are stable versions of CPAN
libraries in perl-modules package. There are also newer libraries in
separate packages, i.e. libcgi-pm-perl has newer CGI.pm.

My questions:

1. Should it be one package updated very often or several tiny packages
with dependencies and original version numbers?

2. What schema for package names?

3. Which directory for PEAR libraries?

--
Piotr Roszatycki, Netia Telekom S.A.                    .''`.
mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl                   : :' :