PEAR packages

A week ago James rejected my PEAR packages. I need this packages because
there are newer version than libraries in php4-pear package. There are
used by IMP and other applications. I don't like to install PEAR
repository with bundled 'pear' installer as far as I've got Debian
packaging system.

I see analogy to Perl CPAN libraries. There are stable versions of CPAN
libraries in perl-modules package. There are also newer libraries in
separate packages, i.e. libcgi-pm-perl has newer CGI.pm.

My questions:

1. Should it be one package updated very often or several tiny packages
with dependencies and original version numbers?

2. What schema for package names?

3. Which directory for PEAR libraries?

Piotr Roszatycki, Netia Telekom S.A.                    .''`.
mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl                   : :' :
mailto:dexter@debian.org                               `. `'