Re: Release-critical Bugreport for April 4, 2003

On Fri, Apr 11, 2003 at 10:13:01AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> Moreover I wonder if I'm correct if  suspect that the files
>
>          /usr/share/xscreensaver/config
>
> belong to /etc because it might be possible to change these xml files
> to influence the behaviour of the hacks so they are configuration
> files.

I don't think that's a valid general argument. It's possible to change,
for example, the files in /usr/share/groff/current/tmac so that groff
behaves differently in useful ways, but that doesn't mean I'm going to
make them configuration files and therefore implicitly support this
configuration. Some things may be regarded as code changes even if it
happens that they can be done in files that are more or less plain text.

> I did not investigated deeply here but someone with more xscreensaver
> experience might perhaps check this.  This would be another release
> critical but easy to fix bug.

"foo is not as configurable as it should be" is a wishlist bug, not a
release-critical bug.

Cheers,