Moving non-configuration files from /etc to /run or /etc/run

* Thomas Hood <jdthood0@yahoo.co.uk> [030403 23:38]:
> OK, but some people find /run more objectionable than /etc/run
> because it adds a new root directory.  I doubt that we will be
> able to reach an agreement about which of the alternatives
> is most beautiful.
>
> If /etc/run is no less damaging to the FHS aesthetic than /run
> then the decision between the two has to be made on the basis
> of technical advantages, and there /run has a slight edge.

Perhaps it is also a question to ask the other distributions and
FHS members, what they would prefer to see in the next version
of the FHS.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link

--
Sendmail is like emacs: A nice operating system, but missing
an editor and a MTA.