Re: Introducing Alioth: SourceForge for Debian

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 11:46:45PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Philip Brown wrote:
> > (BTW personally, if one has to choose email or web interface, in this day
> >  and age, I'd chose web. Which is presumably why more people are using
> >  sourceforge and/or bugzilla over the debian bugtrack system)
>
> I cannot speak for the rest of the world, but I often seem to find
> myself offline for periods of 6 hours to 1 month and appreciate being
> able to queue up a lot of BTS interactions in my mail spool and blast it
> all out in one quick sync up to the internet. The main thing I miss is a
> good way to cache the whole BTS on my laptop so I can query it while
> offline.

This could do:

(snippet from a Makefile)
bugs:
        [ -f bugs.txt ] && cp bugs.txt bugs.bak.txt
        /usr/bin/lynx -dump  http://www.debian.org/Bugs/db/ma/XXXXXXXXXXX.html
>bugs.txt
        cat bugs.txt  | perl -ne 'print $$1 ."\n" if /\#(\d+):/' >BUGS
        sh download-bugs.sh

With download-bugs.sh being:
#!/bin/sh
# Downloads bugs to text files
DIR=bugs-offline
for i in `cat BUGS` ; do

#       if [ ! -f $DIR/bug-$i.txt ]; then
#       else
#       echo "Bug #$i already downloaded"
#       fi
# Not done since info on the bug might change..
        [ ! -d $DIR ] && mkdir $DIR
        echo "Downloading bug #$i"
        /usr/bin/lynx --dump "http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=$i&repeatmerged=yes";
>$DIR/bug-$i.txt

done

Of course you have to change the URL in the Makefile to the one of _your_
bugs.

Then you can just 'make bugs' and you will end with a directory
('bugs-offline') full of your own bugs :-)

Regards

Javi