Re: graphing script

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 08:03:10AM -0600, John Foster wrote:
> After reviewing your procedure it occured to me that this is a feature
> that would be INVALUABLE if incorporated into apt-build. Please consider
> contacting them about this.

Hmmm... not sure I have the time right now :-(

Anyway, having said that, I have the latest version at

<URL:http://www.microcomaustralia.com.au/debian/experimental/graph.tgz>

Use it like:

sourcedepends $debiansources $yoursources $yourpackages > output
xvcg output

This will track all source depenancies in $yoursources, with
colors to indicate if the source is upto-date or not with respect
to Debian.

The last parameter is an experimental feature for graphing
binary dependancies, I have switched it of for now though, as
the resulting graph ended up being a mess.

This version hopefully is more readable then before due to the
use of OOP techniques and modules (although it might be slightly
slower as well).

Not fully tested yet, but it looks "OK".
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>