Re: no libgal23
- To: debian-devel <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: no libgal23
- From: Sven Luther <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 12:59:59 +0100
- Message-id: <20030325115959.GA2901@iliana>
- In-reply-to: <20030325042340.GA23639@Mallard>
- References: <20030325042340.GA23639@Mallard>
On Mon, Mar 24, 2003 at 08:23:40PM -0800, Carl B. Constantine wrote:
> Just checking what it would take to upgrade my Gnome to the latest
> version in Unstable using apt-get install gnome -t unstable. The results
> are that a couple packages are requested but will not be installed.
> Tracking it down, one of the packages that won't be installed in
> Evolution which depends on a bunch of libraries that won't be installed.
> One of which is libgal23 which doesn't exist:
If i am not wrong, this is because libgal23 is a new source package, and
need to be (manually) added to the override file. This may take a long
time for new packages, but i guess a new library version like this get
checked faster. Maybe a solution for this would be to have wildcard or
something such in the override file, especially if we are serious about
the embed soname in the package name thing.
- no libgal23
- From: "Carl B. Constantine" <firstname.lastname@example.org>