Re: Problem with ignored bug reports

Ralf Hildebrandt <Ralf.Hildebrandt@charite.de> wrote:
> I have a problem regarding ignored bug-reports.

> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?submitter=ralf.hildebrandt@charite.de&repeatmerged=no
> lists my reports.

> I mailed to the corresponding bug addresses to have
> the bugs closed - several times in the last months  - but have not
> ever heard of the developer/maintainer.

> What can be done? Who can close these bugs?
[...]

Hello,
The informal policy[1] about who can close bugs seems to be this:
* any regular Debian Developer can do it.
* the package maintainer (he isn't necessarily a Debian Developer
  /yet/)
* the submitter of the bug.
* Anybody else who has verified that the bug is fixed should only
  tag it as fixed but should _not_ close it.

So you can close *your* *own* *bugs* yourself even if you aren't a DD,
just send your explanation to 0815-done@bugs.debian.org and #0815 will
be closed.
            thanks for participating, cu andreas
[1]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2001/debian-devel-200108/msg01959.html
--
Hey, da ist ein Ballonautomat auf der Toilette!
Unofficial _Debian-packages_ of latest unstable _tin_