Re: howto use new debconf templates translations

* Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> [2003-03-13 10:41]:
> But joeyh has write a little script, that download the translation
> from the ddtp and include new translations in the package source.
> Please check his mail:
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2003/debian-i18n-200303/msg00014.html
> Please: if you are the maintainer of packages with debconf templates
>         and if you use debconf po files, test joeyh script
> 	If you have any problems mail this. Maybe we can include the
> 	script in some normal debian package.

 I guess it would be a good idea to put it in the po-debconf package, if
it has been found useful (not tested yet, nothing to test for me there ,).
You need po-debconf to do that packages anyway and I guess that script
isn't that huge, is it?

> Know someone a 'Howto move from old debconf templates to the debconf
> po format' guide?

 It's well documented in the po-debconf(7) manual page, section:

 At least I found it a good guide.  I must say the documentation is
quite straight forward in that respect.

 Have fun,
"Kaum wird das Wetter schlechter und die Tage kürzer, fallen die
Newbies über das Netz her wie die Blätter von den Bäumen."
             (Ulf Schaefer in de.talk.jokes)