Re: howto use new debconf templates translations

* Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> [2003-03-13 10:41]:
> But joeyh has write a little script, that download the translation
> from the ddtp and include new translations in the package source.
> Please check his mail:
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2003/debian-i18n-200303/msg00014.html
>
> Please: if you are the maintainer of packages with debconf templates
>         and if you use debconf po files, test joeyh script
> 	If you have any problems mail this. Maybe we can include the
> 	script in some normal debian package.

 I guess it would be a good idea to put it in the po-debconf package, if
it has been found useful (not tested yet, nothing to test for me there ,).
You need po-debconf to do that packages anyway and I guess that script
isn't that huge, is it?

> Know someone a 'Howto move from old debconf templates to the debconf
> po format' guide?

 It's well documented in the po-debconf(7) manual page, section:
CONVERTING YOUR PACKAGE TO THIS SYSTEM

 At least I found it a good guide.  I must say the documentation is
quite straight forward in that respect.

 Have fun,
Alfie
--
"Kaum wird das Wetter schlechter und die Tage kürzer, fallen die
Newbies über das Netz her wie die Blätter von den Bäumen."