Re: Qt3 Questions

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:21:12AM +0100, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> On Dienstag, 4. März 2003 23:38, Peter Mathiasson wrote:
> > I have a couple of questions about your Qt3 packages and the way you
> > currently handle things.
> >
> > Why does libqt3-dev conflict with libqt3-mt-dev?
> >
> > Why doesn't libqt3-headers depend on libqt3-compat-headers? You'll have
> > to do this to ensure the upgrade path (from woody to sarge). Just like
> > dpkg depends on dselect.
> >
> > Why is the i18n stuff in their own package? What's the reason for all
> > these packages? Again, doesn't this make it difficult to assure a clean
> > upgrade path?
> >
> > As a maintainer of a Qt3 application I would like to be notified when
> > you make changes that affects it. This was not the case when you added
> > the libqt3-compat-headers package and changed the QTDIR.
>
> Peter, we did clean up the Qt packages completely because as we started to
> care for them they were horribly out of date and patches got in like who
> cares. Please read the README.Debian which explains anything in depth. If you
> have more questions, feel free to ask.

I did re-read README.Debian and it explains why libqt3-dev and
libqt3-mt-dev conflicts.

Still you haven't addressed my main concern, a clean upgrade path
between woody and sarge and your way of making changes without
contacting me as a Qt3 application maintainer.

--
Peter Mathiasson, peter at mathiasson dot nu, http://www.mathiasson.nu
GPG Fingerprint: A9A7 F8F6 9821 F415 B066 77F1 7FF5 C2E6 7BF2 F228