Re: debian.org sending viruses

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:14:37PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> ...encourage the widespread adoption of end-to-end cryptographic
> signatures in email.
>
> Nothing else is likely to have much impact.

Dear Steven,
	In my opinion, this would make things worse. If the general
public embraced signed emails as commonly as they use Outlook, I'm
sure we'll encounter just as many viruses/trojans as we do
now. Except, that this time around, they would compromise the signing
application and passphrase/keys as well. The nightmare scenario would
be when these trojans start weakening the whole web of trust we
already have by signing other random keys maliciously.
	All the more reason to keep GnuPG/PGP to those who know what
they're doing and why they need it.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

* Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau              Computer Science & Student Rep, UNSW *
*   # apt-get into it                 Debian GNU/Linux Package Maintainer *
*     <netsnipe(+)debianplanet.org\0>      <alau(+)cse.unsw.edu.au\0>     *
* GnuPG 1024D/2E8B68BD 0B77 73D0 4F3B F286 63F1  9F4A 9B24 C07D 2E8B 68BD *