Re: Rethinking Qt headers (should the header packages be recombined?)

> How about using Recommends: on libqt3-headers for the compat-headers ? Then it
> should be obvious that you need to install these if you're not an expert, but
> you're not forced to (in case you're a programmer).

Even as a programmer I'd install all Recommends: to make sure apps work
properly (and in fact, dselect forces this unless I'm mistaken).

So I suspect this wouldn't help your goal of removing legacy headers,
since unless you're building in a chroot (i.e., probably a debian
packager with enough disk space/etc [1]) or you're a buildd, you'll probably
have libqt3-compat-headers installed anyway and you'll never even know
you're using legacy headers.

In this sense, I'd argue that the #warning solution is still superior.
Though it was mentioned on IRC yesterday that #warning itself is
deprecated.. is there a suitable alternative?

(And sure, using Recommends: will mean we catch legacy headers with the
buildds, but then again, buildds shouldn't be used as debuggers, and
it's far easier and quicker for someone to just run fixkdeincludes[2]
over the sources).

Ben.

[1] (which I'm not, for one)
[2] Currently named kdefixincludes in debian, will be renamed to
    fixkdeincludes with the next kdesdk upload in line with the new name
    in KDE HEAD.