Re: mostly positive review of debian on distrowatch.com

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 19:49, Cardenas wrote:

> "The awful truth is that if you want to run the latest software, or
> anything close to it, currently you have two choices on Debian: run
> Woody and use the wealth of unofficial backports or run unstable and
> churn through the frequent changes.

There is no need to churn through these frequent changes - they happen,
but I currently don't care as I don't notice any of the bugs right now.
I haven't updated any of the core gnome packages in a month now, and
they seem working well. I only update pan and evolution, currently, as
they have some bugs - and of course, occasionally, they drag in a new
library.

(And yes, I'm a sarge user, basically. Although with gnome2, quite a big
part of sid came in).

cheers
-- vbi

--