Re: Nostalgia (was Re: Takers for two packages?)

On Thu, Feb 27, 2003 at 09:56:31AM -0600, Chad Walstrom wrote:
> > I packaged tintin++ as some people showed some interest in it, and I
> > managed to get upstream to GPL the app.
> Very cool!  Gratzies!  That's a great contribution in its own right.

Hehe, I tried to do the same with MudOS, but I have failed miserably
both times. It's a shame, more when Google told me the original author
who holds most of the copyright is into Free Software now (or at least I
found some more or less recent posts by him in some RedHat mailing list,
iirc).

>     My famous last words were, "What's that you're playing?"
>
>     "It's a MUD..."

Why does this sound familiar?

"What are you guys doing?"
"We're setting up FRLib on patan, we're going to start a MUD in Spanish.
Wanna join the staff?"

And I also spent 3 years admining it. On late 1999 dunno why I started
doing Debian packages and that was the beginning of the end of my
mudding times.

> I would maintain the package, but I don't really MUD any more.  I
> remember how nice it was to be able to set up navigation aliases, very
> helpful when running from PK'ers after you stabbed their clan leader.
> ;-)  If no one else picks up the package, let me know.

Hmm. I hope there's someone out there that actually uses tt++. Brian
Nelson (fenring flavour) said he'd take it too, if nobody else stepped
up. If nobody else wants it, it's up to you and Brian.

Thanks!

Jordi
jordi@sindominio.net     jordi@debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/
GnuPG public key information available at http://oskuro.net/~jordi/