Re: Future of Debian uncertain?

On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 05:35:17PM -0500, Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:

> Show me where in our constitution, social contract, or any other
> official document we make the official claim that we are "aiming at more
> experienced users".  We make no such claim.

In fact, just the opposite, if you take item #4 in the social contract at
face value:

4. Our Priorities are Our Users and Free Software

  "We will be guided by the needs of our users and the free-software
   community. We will place their interests first in our priorities. We will
   support the needs of our users for operation in many different kinds of
   computing environment." ...

It is certainly in the interests of "our users" to have an easy-to-use
system. Nor is this directly in conflict with having advanced options
available "on the side".