Re: hotplug and ifup

On Sun, Feb 23, 2003 at 11:55:52AM +1100, Herbert Xu wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> > what should happen, and how should it happen? Should:
> hotplug should tell ifup that it is calling it, perhaps by using
> a special option.  Then ifup can decide what the policy is.

ifup can't be called before S39ifupdown has been run, which is the
problem here.

That aside, hotplug could quite easily call "ifup eth0=hotplug"; allowing
you to have "mapping hotplug" to handle any further details.

Cheers,
aj

  ``Dear Anthony Towns: [...] Congratulations --
        you are now certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer!''