Re: Missing or incorrect section in packages

On 21-Feb-03, 06:41 (CST), Chuan-kai Lin <cklin@debian.org> wrote:
> The problem I am having is that binary packages like jargon 4.0.0-4
> does not seem to include Section declaration (as seen through dpkg -I).
> Perhaps these two problems are related; I do not know.

Oops. I ought to fix that, or just pull the jargon package (ESR doesn't
seem interesting in supporting info format anymore.)

> Another problem I have is that some packages in stable-updates have
> Section declared non-US but are placed under pool/updates/main.
> Is this intentional?

It's due to the crypto-in-main shift. It was easier/better to adjust the
overrides file than require them all to be re-uploaded.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net