Re: libkpathsea3 incompatibility problem

From: Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net>
Subject: Re: libkpathsea3 incompatibility problem
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:16:59 +0000

> On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 06:05:33PM +0900, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> > Well, although a rough sketch,
> >
> > (4) make a dummy package libkpathsea-dummy or so which
> > have versioned Conflicts: with the old versions of the
> > above packages, and libkpathses3 Depends: on it.
> >
> > Doesn't this work?
>
> Seems a bit much when we can just have libkpathsea3 have the
> Conflicts: fields.

You might be right.  But, Julian, this issue is not so
severe as you might think.

I'm not sure but I suspect that dviwares might have no problem
at all and only jtex-bin, multex-bin and ptex-bin (and few more?)
would have problem.

I will check this tomorrow more precisely (it is almost
midnignt in Japan now ;).

Thanks,			       2003-2-20(Thu)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.