Re: language-specific packages

In article <[🔎] 20030217063143.GT10994@taz.net.au> cas@taz.net.au writes:
>> If your internet connection is such a rip-off, why are you running a
>> full mirror?
>
>because a) i have multiple machines which need to be updated, b) i build
>machines for many different purposes for many different people and
>organisations, and c) i don't want to wait an hour or two for the
>packages to download, i want them already on my local disk when I have
>time to do the upgrade.

I recomend apt-move.  Have both your local server and the debian
servers in sources.list.  After upgrading each machine, copy
/var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb to the local server and run apt-move to
merge into your local debian archive.  This way you only download the
packages you use, and only once for each package from the debian
servers.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html