Re: Problems with libfontconfig

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 08:31:29PM -0500, Patrick Finnegan wrote:
> On 16 Feb 2003, Colin Walters wrote:

> > (I am getting a bit tired of these duplicate bug reports from people who
> > have broken their system by installing software into Debian-managed
> > directories like /usr/X11R6/...)

> You know, you could try being nice and helping people with problems like
> these.

THen you've apparently haven't been around here for a long time. I do
not see anything rude about Colin's reply.

> Some people *might* appreciate a friendly response to their bug
> report, even if it's something that they caused.

You did not send a bug report, you mailed the Debian development list,
AFAICT. This is not entirely the same thing.

> It's bitching like this that makes some people decide to stop contributing
> to projects...

oh, come on. He did not exactly flame you, get over it.

regards,

Michael

--
<StevenK> find /dev -type c 2> /dev/null | xargs ls -l 2> /dev/null |
        awk -F' ' '{print $5,$10;}' | awk '/^14,/ || /^116,/ {printf