Re: /usr/bin/which

> >since "which" has now become an alternatives,
> >package postinst while debootstrapping cannot call "/usr/bin/which",
> >before postinst of debianutils is called, and (probably) needs to
> >call which.debianutils.
>
> which is not POSIX, and thus discouraged in maintainer scripts. The
> Developer's reference has example code that can replace which, in the
> "Best packaging practices/Maintainer script" section.

which is in Debian base system, and maintainers are allowed to use them.
A quick grepping through postinst gives me:

iptables.postinst:if [ "$1" = configure ] && which install-docs >/dev/null 2>&1; then
fdutils.postinst:if [ "$1" = configure ] && which install-docs >/dev/null 2>&1; then
man-db.postinst:if [ "$1" = configure ] && which install-docs >/dev/null 2>&1; then

regards,
	junichi