Re: ITP: v2strip -- Removes ID3v2 tags from MP3 files

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 09:48:38PM +0100, Christian Garbs wrote:

>   Package name    : v2strip
>   Version         : 0.2.10-1
>   Upstream Author : Mats Peterson <matsp888@yahoo.com>
>   URL             : http://www.geocities.com/matsp888/unix/
>   License         : GPL
>   Description     : Removes ID3v2 tags from MP3 files

After some discussion on debian-devel[1], I've decided to take back
the ITP.  There are already other ways to remove ID3v2 tags from MP3
files and v2strip has no big advantages over these existing
solutions.  So a new Debian package doesn't seem necessary.

The package will stay in my personal apt-repository and will be
updated in the future when I find enough time to do so.

Regards,
Christian

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/debian-devel-200302/msg00627.html
--