Re: mICQ roundup

On Sun, Feb 16, 2003 at 08:20:52AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Feb 2003 22:36:02 +0100, R?diger Kuhlmann
> <debian-list-Z03BQH65YjkN@ruediger-kuhlmann.de> wrote:
> >There's also the reputation of mICQ at stake. Does Debian improve the
> >reputation of mICQ by shipping an old version of mICQ? Does Debian improve
> >the reputation of mICQ by shipping a version with an extremely annyoing bug
> >that could trivially be fixed, and refusing to fix it several times?
>
> You are complaining about our release process, which is well
> documented. The release process says: Once it's frozen, we only add
> bug fixes. And once it's stable, we only add security fixes.

I think we can also _remove_ packages if (for example) an
infringement of copyright is discovered after release...

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.