Re: /etc/network/interfaces & point-to-point ethernet & broadcast address

Marc Haber wrote:
> Yes. And Debian would have had a elegant way to use ip (from the
> iproute package) if ifupdown's maintainer would finally apply the
> patch from Bug #88948.
>
> I have a package ready that allows ifupdown to do much more magic.
> That package is in use for one and a half years at the site I work
> for, but it needs the patch (better said, the current version of that
> patch) from Bug #88948 applied.
>
> The patch is trivial, it doesn't break backwards compatibility. It has
> been impossible to get a statement from the ifupdown maintainer since
> the bug has been filed.

Notice that the last time aj relesed ifupdown was back in June, 2001.
Since then it has had 4 NMU's. Considering this and all the stuff in the
BTS without reply, it is clearly ripe for a new maintainer (or a
co-maintainer). Michael Weber might be a good candidate, he did all
those NMUs, some quite large, and seems to understand at least some of
the code.

--
see shy jo, who understands some of the code too, but prefers his novels
            to have characters and a plot :-)