Re: OpenSSL 0.9.6/0.9.7, LDAP, SSH, friends

Stephen Frost schrieb:
[...}
  Currently in Debian there are quite a few packages which still link
  against OpenSSL 0.9.6 (libldap2-tls, ssh-krb5, others).  Newer
  packages are being linked against OpenSSL 0.9.7 (ssh, etc).  The
  problem happens when these two end up getting linked into the same
running program.
[...]
  I don't have an overall solution to this, though I've heard much about
  versioned symbols perhaps being an answer.  I know that's been
  discussed on d-d some already though and don't know where that went.
[...]

Hello,
This sounds pretty similar to the problems with db2/db3/db4 which *were* solved with the introduction of versioned symbols.

As GnuTLS is getting more and more popular perhaps versioned symbols should be used there too before the problem is duplicated.
           just my 2c, cu andreas
PS: Please Cc me on replies.