Re: ldap-gateways

On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 06:08:48PM +0100, Roland Bauerschmidt wrote:
> Is anybody actually using ldap-gateways? OpenLDAP 2.1 doesn't ship them
> anymore, and thus we'd like to drop them.

Hmm, I think we should better ask this question on debian-user.
Popularity contest data:

                        Vote  Old   Recent Unknown
ldap-gateways            5    18     8     0

So 5 systems running PopCon use ldap-gateways regularly. 18 have the
package installed (probably that includes 2 systems of mine which
have the whole OpenLDAP suite on file). And 8 upgraded the package
to recently to be counted.

So there seem to be a handful of users. I'd vote against dropping
support completely. We could keep the 2.0 sources and build just the
gateways. Not sure how hard this would be.

Greetings

	Torsten