Re: Freeze Please?

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 12:52:18PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

 > I already have the capability to produce this particular report at
 > any time, automatically checking which versions of the various
 > packages are affected by the bug, and which versions of those
 > packages the bug was fixed (if any), against the packages present in
 > stable, testing and unstable.

 Great.

 > It is my intention to do this right, and I am not interested in a lot
 > of noise based on misunderstandings about the purpose and
 > implementation of testing.

 Wonderful.

 Just to make sure I understand what you are saying... what to we say to
 people using testing regarding vulnerabilities in that distribution?
 "That's just a temporary situation, wait until the fixes flow in from
 unstable?"  Or are you just saying that security uploads for testing
 are required, just not yet?

--
Marcelo