Re: On the matter of Qt packaging

Alexander Neumann <alexander@bumpern.de> writes:

> Hi,
> Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
>> I would love to hear your sponsor's viewpoint on this.  Your sponsor would
>> definatly have to step up if you are going to continue maintaining Qt3.
> I have sponsored Martin several times. I saw that he put much time in
> his qt3-packages.

Time is meaningless if the packages are consistently broken.  IMNSHO, no
one should ever maintain a package that he or she doesn't even use.
And, that's especially true if the maintainer is relatively
inexperienced, and there are willing and more able people willing to
take over.

My secret to happiness... is that I have a heart of a 12-year-old boy.
It's over here in a jar.  Would you like to see it?