Re: testing, unstable, and dependencies

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 09:09:48AM +0100, Marcelo E. Magallon wrote:
>  Modulo the random package wanting the latest and greatest version of
>  debhelper... which is, to say the least, a lot of fun to get going on
>  on a testing system.  Not undoable, but certainly baffling if you don't
>  have working expirience at building debian packages.
>
>  There's a lovely circular dependency waiting for you there...

Typically I would attack this problem by simply removing the versioned
depends on debhelper, and seeing what breaks when I do so.

Sometimes I have had to hack packages not to build stuff I don't need,
for instances, the info documentation for coreutils won't build with
texinfo on stable, so I disabled it ;-).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>