Re: why which?

Clint Adams wrote:
> > I'm confused, why do we need a whole new package for a small program
> > that is already in debianutils?
>
> GNU which has "features" that aren't present in the myriad other
> programs and shell builtins which do the same thing.  bash users seem to
> like it.

Haven't we generally just taken the gnu version or other more
"featureful" version and made it the default? On the face of it it seems
that if there is a chance we can have a more standard which that is
maintained by an upstream and there isn't something grossly wrong with
it, we should use it. After all, debianutils is supposed to be for
programs "specific to debian".

--
see shy jo