Re: "task" and beyond

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003 03:29:22 -0800,
Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> wrote:
[dselect, aptitude(normal use), apt-get]
>  * tasksel
>    - only good for initial settings.  Too rough since choices are only
>      30 choices and no way to tune importance of each concern.
I think it is intentional, that is, it is for newbies who choose
"simple install".  ("A mouse is easy to use because it has less buttons
than a keyboard.")

> My question is is there any activity to address this gap.
I wondered why we had all of them yesterday.  My conclusion was that
I should learn or work on debian-installer before I speak.

--
Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp>
Debian developer

Do not assume users will be motivated to read manuals
--- The GNU Privacy Handbook