System user groups

Hello,

just to make sure whether I missed something:
On a freshly installed box I've got

   ~> grep ":100" /etc/group
   users:x:100:
   linux:x:1000:
   gdm:x:1001:
   lpadmin:x:1002:root,tillea

User is the first user I usually create when I'm installing a box.
Why the hell do gdm and lpadmin (installed by cupsys) have normal
user IDs (> 1000)???  I did not changed /etc/adduser.conf, i.e.
  LAST_SYSTEM_UID=999
applies.  I regard this as crtitical bug of gdm and cupsys package
and just want to make sure that I did not missed anything before
I'm going to file the bug report.  I regard it critical because
I share a certain set of user-UID pairs on different boxes and
thus I get a conflict with normal user IDs.

Anybody speaking against increasing the severity of #167322
and file a new bug against cupsys.  Just to make sure I do not
over react.

BTW: I'm quite unhappy about long standing, easy to fix important
     bugs in a package like gdm which is frequently used.

Kind regards

        Andreas.