Re: Strange behavior with glibc 2.3.1, malloc and threads in Sid

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 01:10:10AM +0100, Marek Habersack wrote:
[snip]
> cvs, so I gave up on this for now. Is my understanding that the malloc'ed
> memory area can be shared between threads in a process correct? That's what
> I've always known and thought, but I might be wrong. Or is it some kind of
> obscure bug in glibc 2.3.1?
[snip]

OK, I might be wrong as well, but aren't Linux threads implemented as
full-blown processes? Which means they get their own heap space, so
malloc()'d areas wouldn't be shared. The symptoms you're seeing seems to
confirm this.

If we don't succeed we run the risk of failure. -- Dan Quayle