Re: more and more broken packages?

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 12:43  am, Michael Stone wrote:

And who doesn't particularly care if the software they're using works.
Security aside, the packages in testing right now have huge bugs that
have no reasonable possibility of being fixed anytime soon. Testing is
simply not a good idea.
Installing packages from unstable may work and may not. Depends on the
package--in some cases it will be simple and in some cases it will be a
hideous mess.

I was going to add "and who are aware that they may be forced to move to unstable when things that they need in testing break"... but it doesn't happen that often.

And the difference in bandwidth requirements is quite staggering...

I get tired of people evangelizing testing.

I don't want to evangelise it, just to keep a sense of balance. It's not for everyone, but it's not completely useless either. As with anything you decide to install, you should
understand what you're letting yourself in for before you do it...

*shrug*

Nick