Re: how to handle configuration that modifies files in /usr

also sprach Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> [2003.01.17.1846 +0100]:
> > That's what I am doing now. I have put the files into
> > doc/mharc/examples/ and symlinked them into the /var/lib/mharc tree.
> > Since I get to specify the apache configuration, I can make sure to
> > disable FollowSymlinks.
>
> You cannot do that, see Policy 13.3: "Files in `/usr/share/doc'
> should not be referenced by any program, and the system administrator
> should be able to delete them without causing any programs to
> break. [...]"

Well, I was lying, I have them in /usr/lib/mharc but thought that
/usr/share/doc was a better place. Thanks for letting me know.

--
Please do not CC me! Mutt (www.mutt.org) can handle this automatically.

`. `'`

NOTE: The pgp.net keyservers and their mirrors are broken!
Get my key here: http://people.debian.org/~madduck/gpg/330c4a75.asc