Re: JACK HOWARTH IS A _______ IDIOT(again)

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 07:52:09PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 04:01:22AM -0600, Adam Heath wrote:
> > Yes, I too have considerd adding him to the exclusion list.
>
> Please do.  It's no good having a policy forbidding abuse of the BTS if
> there are no penalties for infractions.
>
> However, I'm nervous on principle about permanent bans.  How about we
> suspend his bug-filing privileges for, say, six months?  Of course, the
> ban should be lengthened if, in the meantime, he circumvents it, say by
> using a different address.

excuse me for saying so, but what good would that do other than take
away one active (granted, policy-breaking) volunteer?  if he finds
another bug during this suspension, what's he going to do, sit around
and wait until someone else finds it?  tell a friend to report it?

i'm sure having a thread as long as this with his name and an expletive
in it should have driven the point home that he's pissed off a good
number of folks, and i wouldn't expect him to be doing such a mass filing
again without following procedure.  if it hasn't driven the point home
and it happens again, then it would seem to me that he's openly
disrespecting policy and that brings up sec. 2.1.1 from the constitution.

just my $0.02
	sean