Re: radiusd-freeradius history and future

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 09:54:35PM +0100, Toni Mueller wrote:
> > radiusd-freeradius packages, with yet another Debian developer who was
> > using freeradius in the wild.  Since ISTRT system administration is

> What's "ISTRT"?

I seem to recall that

> > freeradius user makes five), my feeling is that we ought to put our
> > heads together, stop maintaining our own private binaries, and get some
> > packages out there (even unofficially) to save on duplication of effort.

> Well spoken, I second that.

> To make a start, I think these five people should get to know who each
> other is.

> My reading of the lists yields the following names of persons interested
> in freeradius:

> - Wichert Akkermann
> - Chad Miller
> - Steve Langasek
> - Marc Haber
> - Toni Mueller (me)

Oh... ok, 7. :)

- Miquel van Smoorenburg (listmaster, original Cistron radiusd author)

and I /think/ it was Jimmy Kaplowitz that I was talking to on IRC.

Ample evidence that there's a target audience for freeradius packages,
just within Debian itself.

> The licensing issue brought forward by Chad should be resolved somehow.

Sure, but that doesn't need to be resolved before we can start
distributing source packages.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer