Re: Some question in regard to Lindows

Okay, I see my confusion:

> 3b)  Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
> years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of
> physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable
> copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the
> terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for
> software interchange; or,

which I was reading as:

> 3b)  Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
> years, to give TO any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of
                ****

Let the lawyers feast... (fester?).

best,
-tony

    nick> On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 10:39  am, A.J. Rossini wrote:

    >> who has a copy of the written offer.

    nick> Nope. Section 3b of the GPL just says "any third party". Which
    nick> evidently includes those
    nick> in possession of the written offer...

    nick> I guess the rationale is something along the lines that they must
    nick> provide source to any
    nick> third party who might conceivably have had a copy of the written offer
    nick> passed on to them
    nick> by the original recipient, and that that effectively means "any third
    nick> party".

    nick> Cheers,

    nick> Nick

    nick> --