Re: Proposal: Debian release numbers

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:13:33PM -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Actually, why not? This will (kinda) prevent direct comparisons with
> > other Distros/OSs because it looks totally different. IV, 8.1, 2003. No
> > real comparision possible, I'd say. And it would make Debian look really
> > special (which I think is a positive thing).
> "Special" in the "two thousand years out of date" sense, perhaps?

Nah, it just looks more epic.  Just think of all those Star Wars cover
designs -- who wants to use "Star Wars 2" when "Star Wars II" looks so
much cooler? Besides, don't we want Debian to be adopted by Star Wars

"You know, maybe we don't *need* enemies." "Yeah, best friends are about all
I can take." -- Calvin & Hobbes