Re: gcc 3.2 transition clarification

Josselin,
    As Marco said, one can't prelink before packaging since
the prelinking of a given binary and lib depends on all the
other prelinked shared libs it uses. Actually we should make
sure that maintainers understand that packaging prelinked
binaries and shared libs is forbidden. I haven't had a chance
to look at the new debian prelink packages, but one policy
issue will need to be how prelinking is initiated. I believe
redhat is leaning towards prelinking as a post-installation
procedure although Jakub (the author) was also considering
cron scripts for that as well. I hacked together one that
looked at the dpkg timestamp and would initiate a bulk
prelinking if packages were installed since the last cron
script run. My experience has been that eventually the
prelinking can get muddled and one has to unprelink and
reprelink everything. It will be interesting to see what
others experience.
                     Jack